Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy new year everyone!

Have you guys read about this? TD Ameritrade is buying up thinkorswim. We all know how
awesome TOS is! But TD Ameritrade? I definitely have my reservations about this company.
Back in the .com days, I had an account with Datek. Anybody remember that broker? They were
pumping out some cool trading tools at the time. Streaming quotes and real time portfolio management with Java applets. I was quite happy with them at the time. Then Ameritrade bought them out around 2002 I believe. After that, TD merged with Ameritrade. In canada at least, TD basicallly just converted all the Ameritrade accounts into the TD system. Believe me, that was the most horrible platform I have use. HTML interface, no streaming quotes and forget about real time streaming charts. Commision went up as well. Needless to say, I had to switch broker to the next less horrible broker Etrade Canada. That is a whole other horror story all by itself for another time.

Anyways, my point is let's all pray everything will remain the same especially the platform and the commission.

1 comment:

Prospectus said...

TD bought out QuoteTracker, and QT continued to give great support and be involved. I think that ToS will keep things going well after the transition.